Welcome to the Law Office of Kneave Riggall
I am an attorney and certified tax law specialist in private practice in South Pasadena, California.
Since I began privately practicing tax law practice in February 1985, I have advised and represented taxpayers on employment tax, estate tax, gift tax, income tax, property tax, sales tax, tax malpractice, and tax whistleblower matters before:
- IRS Examination, Appeals, Collections, Criminal Investigation and Whistleblower Offices across the United States.
- The State of California's Franchise Tax Board, Board of Equalization, Controller, Employment Development Department, and Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board.
- The tax agencies of Arizona, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Oklahoma, Oregon, Michigan, NewYork, Texas and several other states.
- Riverside County’s Assessment Appeals Board #1.
- The United States Attorney's Office, Tax Division, for the Central District of California.
- The United States Tax Court.
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (both as lead and special tax counsel).
- The United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In addition to many individuals and married couples, my clients have included bankruptcy estates, C and S corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, probate estates, qualified retirement plans, and trusts.
I have also:
- Prepared original and amended estate, gift, income and sales tax returns, and foreign bank account reports ("FBARs").
- Prepared, and represented taxpayers concerning, domestic and offshore voluntary tax disclosures.
- Served as an expert witness, in Los Angeles Superior Court, on estate and income tax issues.